Current:Home > NewsSignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center:Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Wish "Health and Healing" for Kate Middleton Following Cancer Diagnosis -FinTechWorld
SignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center:Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Wish "Health and Healing" for Kate Middleton Following Cancer Diagnosis
Johnathan Walker View
Date:2025-04-06 01:07:09
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are sending love Kate Middleton's way.
Following the news that the Princess of Wales had been diagnosed with cancer and was undergoing preventative chemotherapy,SignalHub Quantitative Think Tank Center the Duke and Duchess of Sussex shared their heartfelt support for their sister-in-law and Prince William.
"We wish health and healing for Kate and the family," Harry and Meghan, who stepped back from the royal family in 2020 and now live in California, said in a statement to NBC News, "and hope they are able to do so privately and in peace."
Kate shared the news of her diagnosis in a March 22 video message detailing her health journey the last few months.
"I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you, personally, for all the wonderful messages of support and for your understanding whilst I have been recovering from surgery," she said in her first official appearance since undergoing abdominal surgery in January. "It has been an incredibly tough couple of months for our entire family."
The 42-year-old explained that at the time of the procedure, her condition was thought to be non-cancerous, but further testing found that cancer had been present.
"My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment," she continued. "This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family."
She also noted that it has take time for her to recover from the initial surgery, and to find the right way to adequately explain everything to her and William's children: Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 5.
Kate's health update comes less than two months after her father-in-law King Charles III shared his own cancer diagnosis.
Still, as Kate undergoes treatment, she's shared optimism about her journey ahead.
"I am well and getting stronger every day," Kate said in her March 22 statement, "by focusing on the things that will help me heal; in my mind, body and spirits."
For updates from the royal family, keep reading.
In a March 22 video message, the Princess of Wales shared that she'd been diagnosed with cancer after undergoing abdominal surgery in January.
"It was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful," she said before noting that tests after the operation found cancer had been present. "My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment."
After photo agencies pulled the picture Kensington Palace shared of Kate since having her abdominal surgery on March 10, the Princess of Wales addressed claims the photo was doctored.
"Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing," she tweeted on March 11. "I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother's Day. C."
Princess Diana's niece celebrated Mother's Day in the U.K. by sharing she and her husband Michael Lewis privately welcomed their first baby.
“It’s the joy of my life to be your mummy, little one. I love you unconditionally," she captioned her March 10 Instagram post. "Happy Mother’s Day to those who celebrate today."
After keeping up her full slate of engagements in the wake of her husband's cancer diagnosis, the palace cleared Camilla's schedule.
The Times pointed out March 2 that the 76-year-old didn't have any engagements on her calendar until March 11, when she'd be due at Westminster Abbey to observe Commonwealth Day.
The husband of Lady Gabriella Windsor and ex-boyfriend of Pippa Middleton, was found dead Feb. 25. Days later, a coroner's inquest found that he died by suicide.
While King Charles III was in the hospital for his benign prostate enlargement procedure, the royal family member was diagnosed with cancer.
"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," Buckingham Palace said Feb. 5. "Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual.The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible."
The Duchess of York's rep said in a statement on Jan. 21 that Sarah was recently diagnosed with malignant melanoma, an aggressive form of skin cancer. Several months prior, she underwent a single mastectomy to treat breast cancer.
On Jan. 14, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark made history as she officially abdicated the throne, handing the crown over to her son, now known as King Frederik the 10th.
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate Middleton underwent planned abdominal surgery and was set to remain in the hospital for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice," the Palace said, "she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter."
Amid Kate's recovery, Prince William postponed a number of engagements as he supported his family, including the couple's three children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
Shortly after Kate's hospitalization was made public, Buckingham Palace shared that Charles "has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate."
"His Majesty's condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure," the statement added. "The King’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation."
Princess Claire and Prince Felix of Luxembourg welcomed son Balthazar Felix Karl on Jan. 7, the first royal baby of the New Year!
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (77913)
Related
- Moving abroad can be expensive: These 5 countries will 'pay' you to move there
- Amazon uses mules to deliver products to employees at the bottom of the Grand Canyon
- North Dakota regulators deny siting permit for Summit carbon dioxide pipeline
- US Rep. Manning, of North Carolina, is injured in car accident and released from hospital
- The FTC says 'gamified' online job scams by WhatsApp and text on the rise. What to know.
- Upgrade your home theater with these TV deals on LG, Samsung, Fire TV and more
- Usher talks new single 'Good Good,' Vegas residency: 'My 7 o'clock on the dot has changed'
- Flash flooding emergencies prompt evacuations in Kentucky, Tennessee
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Sweet Notes From Nieces Dream Kardashian & Chicago West
- Stuck with a big medical bill? Here's what to know about paying it off.
Ranking
- Paige Bueckers vs. Hannah Hidalgo highlights women's basketball games to watch
- Most populous Arizona counties closely watch heat-associated deaths after hottest month
- You Only Have 24 Hours To Save 25% On These Comfy Clarks Loafers, Which Are the Perfect Fall Shoes
- 6 ex-officers plead guilty to violating civil rights of 2 Black men in Mississippi
- South Korean president's party divided over defiant martial law speech
- Usher talks new single 'Good Good,' Vegas residency: 'My 7 o'clock on the dot has changed'
- White House says top Russian official pitched North Korea on increasing sale of munitions to Moscow
- You Only Have 24 Hours To Save 25% On These Comfy Clarks Loafers, Which Are the Perfect Fall Shoes
Recommendation
'Malcolm in the Middle’ to return with new episodes featuring Frankie Muniz
Nate Diaz, Jake Paul hold vulgar press conference before fight
Cardi B will not be charged in Las Vegas microphone-throwing incident, police say
Biden’s inaction on death penalty may be a top campaign issue as Trump and DeSantis laud executions
The White House is cracking down on overdraft fees
Why Taylor Swift Says She Trusts Suki Waterhouse to Keep Any Secret
New initiative aims to recover hidden history of enslaved African Americans
'Alarming': NBPA distances Orlando Magic players from donation to Ron DeSantis' PAC